Aspirations Employability Portfolio
Our Consultancy Projects are opportunities to:
Develop skills needed in this new world;
Work with real clients;
Work on real problems/issues;
Work alongside skilled professionals;
Desk research and fieldwork.
How it works
Each project lasts for 10 weeks
Tuesdays, 10.30 a.m. – 12.45pm
Each team is composed by 5/6 students
At the end there is a final presentation/exhibition/project pack
On-going blog or digital portfolio
Consultancy Projects so far...
Kingston Cromwell Road Bus Station Redevelopment
Re-design of Tech City College Website and online presence using Vox Pops and other new content.
Future Schools – Conceptualise new learning environments of the future
Design a computer and manage an indoor food farm
Development of a strategy (and possible start-up company) for the use of drones in the construction industry
Design a computer game idea that can be taken to market
– Tower Bridge road deck Replacement
– Stakeholder Communications
And the design and creation of the River Thames floating garden
- The development of important skills to give students a competitive edge in the employment market – team work, analysis, problem solving, interpersonal skills, creativity, innovation and enterprise.
- Confidence, self-worth and experience develop from delivering high quality presentations.
- Real life experience of work issues and projects working alongside mentors and employees.
- Experiences gained to refer to in university and job interviews.
- The Extended Project Qualification
- Experience of starting a company
The Final Presentation
All employers involved in the projects are invited to the final presentations. This includes three elements:
- An exhibition of the student group work and the processes they went through during the project.
- A presentation to the employers: Students talk though their ideas/solutions and may use a variety of forms to enhance their ideas, including possibly models and drawings.
- A project pack that outlines full details of the development of their ideas. This project pack includes:
- Details of the project brief
- Details of the team and the roles played.
- Outline of the planning that took place
- Outline of the learning that took place
- Examples of the research conducted
1.Detailed explanation of the outcome/idea/solution
2.Bibliography of readings and references.